Lora Sari, BA
University of Vienna Vienna
Bachelor of Arts in Theater, Film and Media Studies 2012
Sankt Georg Austrian High School Istanbul 2008
- Assistant Director Istanbul, Turkey Sep ‘06 – Sep '09 Worked with freelance director Serdar Gözelekli in short films and music videos
- Organized casting and production
- During the filming helped with the framing and continuity between sequences
- Attended post production phase Oteki Film Istanbul, Turkey Production Assistant Jan – Feb ‘10
- Assisted producer, for a viral advertisement project. makingmovieshappen Vienna, Austria Production Assistant Feb '10– April ‘10
- Assisted the short film Venedig, was responsible of the setting, collaborated with the Art Direction Department Arada Interdisciplinary Art Festival Vienna, Austria Coordinator Oct – Dec ‘11
- Coordinated festival schedule and festival locations
- Worked on the publicity
- Helped acquiring sponsors Fleischerei Projekt Theater Vienna, Austria Internship Oct '11 – Jan ‘12
- Dramaturgy internship at an experimental theater house
- Formed informative and descriptive texts for flyers
- Editted the website ANDY Artmagazine Vienna, Austria Blogger Sep '10 – Dec '11
- Blogging about art events in Vienna, mainly about exhibitions and theater plays in English.
- Making interviews for the magazine Garage X Theater Vienna, Austria Internship Feb '12 – May '12
- Theater Management Internship at one of the most important theaters in Vienna
- Developing skills in publicity, theater management and theater curatorship Agos Newspaper Istanbul, Turkey Internship June '12 – Sep '12
- Wrote for the Culture and Art Pages.
- Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival 2011 Jihlava, Czech Republic
- Attended lectures about Film and Criticism from Truls Lie. The Lectures were specialized in documentaries.
- Attended lectures with Will Tizard, the Central and Eastern Europe correspondent for Variety, in Redefining Hollywood by documakers
- Analyzed and interpreted the early works of Peter Kubelka, with Kubelka himself Austrian Film Museum Vienna, Austria
- Attended a five day seminar with Alexander Horwath, the director of Austrian Film Museum, in film museum curatorship, film collecting and preserving films. Diagonale Film Festival 2012 Graz, Austria
- Analyzed and interpreted films of Ferry Radax, with Radax himself
- Made a presentation about Sonne,Halt! and Testament, both Ferry Radax films, to the Festival Public. Moderated the discussion afterwards.
- Attended a five day workshop about Writing Film Critics.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Languages: Fluent in English, German and Turkish. Conversational proficiency in French
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro (intermediate), Word Press, TYPO3
Activities: Jigsaw Puzzles, reading, volleyball, traveling
Interests: Cinema of Spain, commedia dell'arte, history, sociology, performance arts, politics
Harald Posch, Theaterdirector of GarageX